Food. Everyone loves it, everyone has it. Everyone even talks about it. Food is something we can talk about for hours. Everyone loves Indian food. Not only do people choose Indian restaurants for going out for dinner or weekend to take out, but they are also preferred by those who cook at home over other classic dishes. In fact, it’s arguably a nationwide favourite, as the UK celebrates National Curry Week every October. But what do you know about Indian cuisine now?
You may be very familiar with different dishes and their recipes. But do you know about the history of Indian food? Or how many facts related to Indian food do you know? Here are some interesting facts about Indian food that you may not know.
1. India is called the land of spices. No country in the world produces as many varieties of spices as India.
2. Samosa also existed as sambosa in the Middle East region long before the 13th century, when it reached the 14th century then it arrived in India.
3. In fact, Daal Chawal / Daal Bhaat is said to be from Nepal.
4. India is home to bhot jolokia, one of the hottest hot peppers in the world. Also called “ghost chilli”, it is cultivated in the northeastern states and is over 400 times hotter than Tabasco sauce.
5. Potato, tomato, and chilli are the staple ingredients in Indian cuisine, but did you know that the Portuguese brought them to India?
6. Wikipedia lists nearly 200 types of Indian desserts!
7. England’s first Indian restaurant was opened by Sake Dean Mahomed in 1810 in central London.
8. Naan didn’t really come from India. It was brought by the Mughals and has Persian roots.
9. One in seven curries sold in the UK is Chicken Tikka Masala, making it the UK’s favourite Indian dish. However, did you know that Chicken Tikka Masala is not actually an Indian dish? It was invented in Glasgow, Scotland!
10. Tomato, potato, sugar, and chilli were introduced to India in the 16th and 17th centuries.
11. Rajma originally belongs to Mexico and is a staple there.
12. Bengal is the centre of Bandel cheese production. It is an Indian variety of cheese that would have been inspired by Portuguese.
13. Jalebi is originally from the Middle East region and was called Zabiya (Arabic) or zalibiya (Persian).
14. The Portuguese introduced refined sugar to India. Before? Fruits and honey were used as sweeteners in Indian cuisine.
15. Coffee was not known in India until the 16th century and was popularized by the British.
16. Indian cooking theory says that our food has 6 different flavours: sweet, salty, sour, bitter, astringent, and spicy, and a perfect Indian meal should be a balance of 6 with one or two flavours standing out.
17. “Saffron” is not native to India, as it was brought in by Greek, Arab and Roman traders who introduced new flavours to dishes in the Middle Ages.
18. India is the land of rice which grows amazing varieties like white, red, brown, sticky and even black. Black rice is only found in India and China and is also known as forbidden or magic rice.
19. America’s first Indian restaurant It opened in the mid-1960s. Today, there are approximately 80,000 Indian restaurants in the United States.
20. The Indian food system classifies foods into three categories: Saatvic (fresh vegetables and juices), Raajsic (fatty and spicy foods), and Taamsic (meat and liquor).
The King Casino – Herzaman in the Aztec City
The King Casino in Aztec poormansguidetocasinogambling.com City is the place where you can find and play gri-go카지노 사이트 for real, real money. Enjoy a memorable 바카라 사이트 stay herzamanindir.com/ at this one-of-a-kind jancasino.com casino
How to Play Baccarat | EBCAsino
If 바카라 you want to 바카라 사이트 bet on Baccarat, the basic 우리카지노aprcasino concept is to play 우리카지노octcasino one of the febcasino two main poker hands. Learn to Play Baccarat.
You have made some good points there. I checked on the internet to learn more about the issue and found most people will go along with your views on this website.
how to buy modafinil
where to buy accutane uk sildenafil 25 mg uk metformin sale online accutane canada 40mg
generic neurontin 600 mg
biaxin for bronchitis
viagra buy online
azithromycin online order usa
can you buy accutane online uk
viagra soft tabs online
can you buy generic viagra over the counter
trazodone price in india
accutane tablets buy online
terramycin ointment for cats
ivermectin 3mg price
how to purchase viagra in uk viagra without prescription
rx pharmacy cialis
best buy generic viagra
price for viagra 100mg
cost generic viagra
What i don’t understood is actually how you are not really a lot more well-favored than you might be now. You are so intelligent. You already know thus considerably relating to this matter, produced me for my part consider it from a lot of numerous angles. Its like women and men aren’t interested until it¡¦s something to do with Lady gaga! Your personal stuffs great. All the time maintain it up!
lasix 40 mg without prescription
valtrex brand name
online lasix without prescription cialis how to get how much is accutane
dexamethasone 4 mg cost
cipro over the counter canada
buy tetracycline online without prescription phenergan with codeine cough syrup bactrim over the counter dexamethasone 75 mg tablet
generic baclofen 10 mg
lopressor online antabuse uk buy prazosin allopurinol over the counter uk buy levitra online usa lisinopril 25 mg cost ventolin purchase
celebrex 100mg tablet
digoxin heart rate singulair generic over the counter bactrim ds buy without rx propranolol 50 mg
Top site ,.. amazaing post ! Just keep the work on !